Learning Stage 1 (4 - 6yrs)
Thursday 6:30pm - 7:00pm
Northwood College for Girls,
HA6 2YE view map
This class is working towards the Swim England Stage 1 Award aimed at confident beginners who are ready to learn independent swimming and who are not yet swimming independently (without aids) or on top of the water.
Swimmers who have achieved the Alpha Step 3 award or completed Waterbabies (or similar) should enrol into this class.
Children must be above 4 years of age in order to be awarded a Stage 1 Certificate.
Children must be able to secure the following before enrolling onto this class:
Alpha Step 3
Feel confident with a teacher in the water
By completing this Award, you will be able to perform 17 of the following skills (at least one skill from every section).
Section A - Entries
1. Enter the water safely with equipment or support.
2. Enter the water safely with minimal support.
3. Enter the water safely with no assistance or support.
Section B - Aquatic Breathing
1. Blow to move a floating object over 3 metres.
2. Tolerate face being (splashed) wet.
3. With mouth submerged, blow bubbles.
Section C - Spatial Awareness
1. On the spot move selected object around.
2. Whilst travelling, move objects in or through the water.
3. Move objects to or from a partner in various directions.
Section D - Rotation
1. Be rocked through the water with support.
2. Turn 360 degrees with minimal assistance.
3. Lie back and move to a vertical position with support.
Section E - Buoyancy
1. Float with support.
2. Float on front with support.
3. Float on back with support.
Section F - Co-ordination
1. Be towed (forwards, backwards and sideways) in a variety of directions.
2. Travel through the water using limbs with minimal support.
3. Travel 3 metres on front with or without floatation equipment.
4. Travel 3 metres on back with or without floatation equipment.
Section G - Exits
1. Exit the water safely with equipment or support.
2. Exit the water safely with minimal support.
3. Exit the water safely with no assistance or support.
This price covers the 10 sessions remaining in this term.
All children also have to pay a one-off £5.00 Registration FeeThursday 6:30pm - 7:00pm
10 sessions Thu 26 Sep 19 Thu 03 Oct 19 Thu 10 Oct 19 Thu 17 Oct 19 Thu 31 Oct 19 Thu 07 Nov 19 Thu 14 Nov 19 Thu 21 Nov 19 Thu 28 Nov 19 Thu 05 Dec 19